Monday, January 9, 2012

10w1d - Latest Blood Test Results

Had my final blood test at CCRM this morning, upon my request.  Results are as follows:

Estradiol - 1638
Progesterone - 18.9

I don't really know how to interpret the numbers, other than the particular nurse who called me (who I've never spoken to before) said they just want the progesterone to be over 5 and that the numbers look good.  5 -- that's it???  I don't get it... at 8-9 weeks, it was supposed to be over a certain number like 20.  Is it because of where I am in the pregnancy and that I'm off drugs? 

Dr. Google didn't really provide very clear-cut info either.

I did have some light spotting too this weekend, which I hear is normal and rather than open Pandora's Box and consult Dr. Google, I'm just going to trust that it is normal since it didn't accompany any other symptoms and eventually stopped.

Anyhow, that's the latest.  Still nervous, but if the experts say it's okay, then I guess it's okay!

3 comments:

  1. I hate spotting, it freaks me out way too much. I think your numbers look great. I don't know much about them either but I think the estrogen needs to be >300 so yours is way about that which basically means you body is taking over making its own hormones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your E2 looks good - I can't remember exactly what they wanted my progesterone to be at 10 weeks - I'm thinking over 20 as well. but I would think that if they told you it's ok then you're ok. You could email them to confirm this. I don't understand why they don't want to follow you until you feel comfortable getting off supplements as well? I doknow that I had no more spotting after I got offthe progesterone

    ReplyDelete