Tuesday, May 8, 2012


So today I got the news from my doctor's office that my glucose levels are slightly high and that I need to do the three hour gestational diabetes test.  This happened to me with DS where I failed the first test and passed the long test.  The bummer is you can't leave the premises during the 3 hours... so it's torture, plus the fasting from 12 am to 12 pm is no fun.  Hopefully, I do not have gestational diabetes...

Otherwise, I'm getting close to the 28 week mark, which some resources designate as the start of the third trimester.  Time has definitely flown.  There are about 12 school days left, so I'm focused solely on that for the time being and then I will go into full-blown nest mode.  Although, I sort of have been nesting a lot already.  Have done a lot of organization at school (with lots more to do, to pave the way for my long-term sub) and am also in the process of updating one of our bathrooms.  So far, I have refinished and painted the vanity, changed the hardware and replaced the countertop and faucet.  Just have to finish some of the plumbing work (yes, I am doing this myself!).

Some fun things too have recently occurred/are on the horizon -- the parents in my class threw me a shower and were very thoughtful to go in a group gift card (so I can get those bigger ticket items that I no longer have, since I don't need little things like clothes or anything).  The kids decorated diapers with colorful Sharpies and inscribed some sage messages in a book for Baby.  My coworker is also throwing me a shower too, soon.  Despite my protestations, everyone has insisted on the showering.  They said to just say thank you and enjoy.  : )

Symptom-wise, I'm still frequently hungry, but still haven't redeemed my cravings from DH, well I tried to the other night, but it was only for soy milk and cereal and since DH did other grocery shopping, he didn't count it.  : )  I'm not feeling the burgers so much anymore.  Despite this, I still feel huge-mongous and am worried about whether my weight gain is related to this glucose issue.  Otherwise, no totally intolerable symptoms, still have sausage feet, though compression socks help.  I'm still massively paranoid about consistent movement and the other night, was wide awake in the middle of the night trying to feel movement (like I can control it) because I hadn't felt much in a while.  I finally gave it up and of course, felt a whole bunch of movement later that morning.  It's really random.

New posting on my private blog, click here (If you'd like an invite to view, email me -- biagobaby at gmail dot com):

Hope all is well w/ everyone... will write more with the results of my 3 hour glucose test.  Blech.


  1. hope the glucose test goes well. maybe you've been eating too many burgers...the buns are full of sugar.

  2. Hope it all goes well with the 3 hour test I have my first test in a couple weeks. Good Luck

  3. FXd for your test... hope it all goes smoothly for T3 :) Would love an invite for your private blog - my email address is d.lionbreeze@gmail.com. Love to you and bub xoxo

  4. I hope the glucose test goes well. Those things suck. Good job on doing the bathroom yourself. Doesn't it feel good when you do home improvement projects? So nice of everyone to throw you showers.

  5. I haven't been around much and I'm happy to see everything is going so well. Good luck with the glucose test, good luck with the fasting, ugh!
    I can't believe you are doing the plumbing yourself! Pregnant! You are awesome!
    Very exciting all the remodeling and stuff. Enjoy the showering. I agree with them, just say thank you and enjoy it :) xo